June 30, 2012

Where'd ya get those fancy clothes?

Even if I was wearing fancy clothes (which I am definitely NOT) my evening's activities were not black-tie worthy.

Sometimes I think I am the world's worst twenty-something. Seriously. It is Saturday night and I am in a grubby t-shirt and leggings eating yogurt, berries, and granola. Those are not Saturday night clothes or Saturday night foods. I'm so lame.

There was a moment tonight while I was scrubbing out the garbage can (yea. YEA. Eww.) when I realized I was growing up. Mostly, it was the voluntary scrubbing of a disgusting garbage can. Only adults do nasty things like that on a "oh, I suppose I should do that" basis. AND I DID IT ON A SATURDAY. Boy, hello Dorthy, Blanche, Sophia, and Rose. (That was a Golden Girls reference for all of you cool-kids who have cool-kid things to do...why are you reading this blog?)

All dreams-of-being-a-cool-kid aside, I like having days where all I do is laundry, wash dishes, and munch granola. It's relaxing and with a decent soundtrack (The Black Keys) it can even be fun.

Speaking of The Black Keys, they're the title of the day! Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment