June 20, 2012

Dam, this is going to be a watered down post.

So where I'm living is infamous for being a ridiculously hilly city. We're also known for our snow and the band Trampled by Turtles. Duluth is awesome. Well, unless it's flooded. Then, it's a sinkhole. Seriously, we had major damage on our roads and many houses. A state of emergency was declared by our mayor and some people had to be evacuated.


Luckily, my house only has a foot of water in the basement and the roads in my neighborhood are fine. We didn't even see the escaped seal. Yea, a seal escaped from the zoo and was found on an avenue close by. She's okay, but many animals unfortunately died due to flooding of the zoo.

Even in this wicked disaster, many people are trying to keep a good sense of humor about it. I can't stop laughing at the picture of the escaped seal:








The look on her face! Bhaha! I may or may not have this picture as my computer background. I totally do.









My on-campus job sent everyone home because campus was getting a bit soggy.








That is the entrance to Scholastica and under (on) the bridge is Chester Creek. Yes, a creek.

At home, two of my roommates and I made flood playlists to pass the time. Seeing as I am obsessed with the renegade seal, I just had to make it my cover. Hehe, seriously, I crack up every time.








But, in all seriousness, my thoughts and prayers are going out to all of those impacted by the flood. Nature can be devastating.







**These pictures are not mine, but those shared on the Twin Ports Flood 2012 Facebook page**

No comments:

Post a Comment