June 27, 2012

Sweatin' to the oldies

What a lovely day! (to be sitting in an office.)

Recently I've noticed that all this sitting I do is making me uncomfortable and cranky. Apparently, there are studies saying desk sitting will be the death of us all.

NPR did a story in April about how negative sitting can be for our health. Great. Good thing I am laying down right now!

All joking aside, the highlight of my day on this balmy Wednesday was walking to lunch. It was refreshing and fun. Plus I was a super badass and walked across the "condemned" bridge. Awh yea. Hard core. I also looked up some desk exercises (and how to spell exercise) because I am sick of sitting. One of my bosses has a standing desk and a yoga ball to sit on instead of a chair. She knows what's up.

So, if you see me doing leg lifts or dancing by my computer, join in! We can deskercise together.

No comments:

Post a Comment