June 4, 2012

I'm getting paid for this?

For the summer I'm working full-time in my school's marketing department. My task: create a new virtual tour. Easy right? Wrong. It's going to be a lot of work, but so far I'm enjoying the job. In order to do research, I went on numerous virtual tours for other schools. Word of advice for anyone ever wanting to create a virtual tour.

KEEP YOUR VIDEOS UNDER TWO MINUTES!


Seriously, it's obnoxious to have to watch a stroll of campus for over three minutes. After viewing over twenty schools, which look almost the same (Old Main, cafeteria, dorms, classrooms, etc. I mean, every school has these elements. No joke) I shut down after two minutes.

Today I'm working on staging a photo-shoot of dorm rooms. so, I'm surfing the internets to find dorm room inspiration and trying to remember what I have in Duluth and what is packed in boxes at home.

I created a board on Pinterest (seriously, they should sponsor me...) if you want to see my ideas and inspiration for the female's version of a dorm.

Soon I am going to try to create my own logo and make this a fancy-schmancy blog, but first I should get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment