July 10, 2012

Life is around you and in you

Tonight I went to a preview of the musical 'Hair' and was very much enthralled with the characters, the music, the set, dancing, and lighting.

All in all, I'd say it was a great show. There were some technical difficulties in the first act (mostly mic stuff) and by the second act, everything seemed to have cleared up.

I had forgotten that the cast, erhm "tribe" of 'Hair' climbs/dances/parties with the audience and found myself on stage at the end of the show hippie dancing to "Age of Aquarius." Good thing I have hippie dancing experience. There was also nudity. Which, because I was warned, didn't phase me too much.

Seeing this performance made me want to throw on a political tee shirt, a flow-y skirt, and weave flowers in my hair. Then, protest the heck out of something.

Love is the answer, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment