September 17, 2011

Empty Cupboards and Humus Sandwiches

As you can clearly see, my cooking experiments haven't been taking off like I had expected. It may be because I have not nearly the ingredients that I would like/can afford, that my schedule is crazy busy as of right now, or that every time we use the stove the smoke alarms go off.

This is the new, delicious plan. I am going to make myself a weekend-warrior chef!! (Dons war paint and flowery apron)

Starting this weekend (after I go grocery shopping and buy some food that isn't canned soup) the food shall be fantastic for two days. After a week of eight am classes and endless meetings, a weekend feast is a perfect way to unwind.

But you may be wondering, what did you make in the previous days while your blog sat empty and sad? The answer to that, noodles and soup. Oh and sandwiches of course. I think I've eaten seven turkey, cheese, and humus sandwiches.

Also, granola and yogurt is the best snack ever. Here's my fool-proof recipe:
-granola (1/2 cup to whatever you want, you're the hungry one here)
-yogurt (1/2 cup or seriously, if you like yogurt, put in more yogurt! It's going to be amazing anyway)

1. In a bowl (that you can eat out of) mix granola and yogurt.
2. Eat.

Hooray for tasty snacks! And hooray for you.

1 comment:

  1. well, this makes me so excited to starve (except for coffee and ramen) my way through college.

    ReplyDelete